World Day of Remembrance is commemorated every year on the third Sunday in November. This year the event will be held virtually on Sunday, November 15.
This Day is dedicated to remembering the millions of people who have been killed or seriously injured on the world’s roads and to acknowledge the suffering of the victims and their loved ones. World Day also pays tribute to the emergency crews, police, and medical professionals who deal with the traumatic aftermath of road crashes.
This year’s event will provide a platform for road traffic victims and their families to:
- Remember all those killed and seriously injured
- Recognize the crucial work of emergency services
- Advocate for better support for victims and their families
- Promote evidence-based actions to prevent and help stop traffic deaths and injuries
- Draw attention to the legal response to culpable road deaths and injuries
Each year, New Jersey loses nearly 600 lives to traffic violence. The Vision Zero New Jersey Alliance will host an event on Sunday at 11:00AM-2:00PM, streamed live on Facebook.
You can access the stream at https://www.facebook.com/events/341789256920579/
You can take the pledge to support Vision Zero here.