The AAA report is out and it looks like the number of people travelling this Thanksgiving weekend is even higher than last year, 48.7 million to be more exact. With so many people on the roads and the possibility of wet and slippery conditions on Wednesday night into Thursday, we wanted to share a few driving safety tips. If you don’t plan to drive, we have also included other helpful information regarding public transit and area airports.
If you plan to drive this Thanksgiving weekend here are some safety tips:
- Get plenty of rest before you start your trip
- Make sure that everyone is buckled up
- Keep your focus on the road, and don’t drive distracted
- Expect traffic and be patient
- Make sure your car is ready, tires inflated, windshield wipers work, have a tune-up before you plan to travel
- Check the weather, road and traffic conditions
- Keep a first aid kit in your car
- Carry an emergency kit in case of inclement weather, flashlight, bottled water, blankets, food, flares, snow shovel, jumper cables, ice scraper
If you are planning to travel by train or bus, these are the Thanksgiving schedules:
Northeast Corridor Rail will be operating on Weekend/Holidays Schedule. Rail Schedule available here.
Mercer County Bus Service
The following buses will operate on a Sunday Schedule: 600, 601, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609, and 613.
There will be no service on: 603, 610, 611, 612, 619, and 624 buses.
NJ Transit bus schedules are available here.
NJ Transit early getaway service information available here.
FreeB Commuter and FreeB Neighborhood will not operate on Thanksgiving Day
Will not operate on Thursday, November 24 Thanksgiving Day and Friday, November 25 Thanksgiving Friday.
Riverline will operate on a Sunday Schedule .
Thursday, November 24
Thanksgiving Day – Thanksgiving Parade
Special schedules operated on Market-Frankford Line and Broad Street Line with Night OWL Express Bus service beginning at 12:00am
Regional Rail and Surface Transportation routes will operate on a Sunday/Holiday schedule.
Additional service will operate to King of Prussia Mall.
Friday, November 25
Regional Rail Trains will operate weekday service.
SEPTA schedules available here.
Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 24, 2016
Day after Thanksgiving – Friday, November 25, 2016
Modified Weekday Schedule*
PATH schedules available here.
Special Northeast Thanksgiving schedules available here.
We wish you and your family a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!