Holiday Travel Updates
The holiday travel forecast is out and once again, we are seeing a significant decrease in the number of people travelling for the holidays. And that is good news, people are following the public health advice.
The CDC is urging people not to travel this holiday season, travel increases the chances of getting and spreading the virus. If you choose to travel, know the risks involved and know what to do to mitigate risk. If you choose to stay home, here a few ideas on how to celebrate safely:
- Celebrate a virtual celebration with friends and family – schedule a time to eat together or open gifts together, virtually
- Attend a virtual religious ceremony
- Check out your town decorations and tree by keeping a safe distance and wearing a mask
- Add a few more decorations to your usual routine and make it extra festive
- Hold a virtual game night – find some ideas here
- If you are celebrating in person with a pod, here is how to stay safe
Whatever you choose to do, remember outside is better than inside, small gatherings better than no large gatherings, but celebrating only with the people you live with is the safest option.
- NJ Transit Bus schedule: Christmas Eve available here, Christmas Day available here
- NJ Transit Rail Northeast schedule available here
- NJ Transit Coast Line schedule available here
- The NJ Transit Mobile App has all the schedule info, the option to buy and display passes and tickets, get the real-time bus and train status
- SEPTA schedule available here
- SEPTA West Trenton available here
- PATH schedule available here
- FreeB – no service during the pandemic
- Tiger Transit – limited or suspended service , more info here
- Route 130 Connection does not operate on December 25th and January 1st
Stay Safe and Happy Holidays!