Happy New Year! It’s time to leave 2018 behind and plan for another full year, with new hopes and plans. We accomplished a lot last year; we launched a redesigned website, began work on the Greater Mercer Trail Network Plan study to help create an integrated network of multi-use paths and trails, co-hosted a Vision Zero conference, conducted walk audits, and more. Our annual report will highlight our impact and will be published soon. And we are not slowing down; we have big plans and hopes for 2019. So here are some of the GMTMA staff hopes for 2019:
- A Vision Zero policy for any (or all) municipality or county
- Increased implementation of Complete Streets projects
- The completion of our Network Trail Plan Study ( coming spring 2019)
- Bike and pedestrian plans for Robbinsville, Ewing, and Hopewell
- Seeing more parents stop idling in school drop-off zones and letting their kids bike and walk to school
- More cars and drivers for our RideProvide transportation program so there won’t be a waiting list for new riders
- Seeing seniors organized to do walking audits
- An Express NJ TRANSIT bus route from Tuckerton & Manahawkin to Princeton/West Windsor (clearly a personal wish…)
- More employers setting up vanpool programs for their employees
- More employers participating in Bike to Work Week and more teams competing
- More organizations receiving the New Jersey Smart Workplace Award
- Donation of a new vehicle to the RideProvide program would be really sweet too!
Wishing all a happy, healthy, and safe new year!