The Tater Family has always been car potatoes. Will you join them as they make the change to active transportation? Activate your commute and your life – your heart and the planet will thank you!
Ways to add extra steps to your day:
- Park your car as far away as possible so you have to walk a longer distance from your destination.
- Walk or cycle to run errands in your community.
- Get off the bus or train one stop early and walk the rest of the way.
- Instead of calling friends, take a walk together to catch up.
- Instead of sitting in meetings at work, make them walking meetings.
- Choose the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Replace a coffee break with an outdoor walk—or take the coffee with you on your walk.
This February, to celebrate National Heart Month, we’re asking you to try to get off your spud and join the Tater Family as they journey from Car Potato to Active Spud. Did you know that sitting can lead to all kinds of negative health effects: high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, and more? Be sure to subscribe to our blog and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the active transportation adventures of the Spud Family all month long!